NEEDHAM, Mass., Feb. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor®, the travel planning and booking site, today announced the inaugural inductees to its Hall of Fame for Travelers' Choice® for Hotels awards. The Hall of Fame recognizes the only 16 properties to have won a Travelers' Choice for Hotels award for 10 years in a row, 2008 through 2017.
Travelers' Choice for Hotels award winners were determined based on the millions of reviews and opinions collected in a single year from TripAdvisor travelers worldwide. The hallmarks of Travelers' Choice hotels winners are remarkable service, value and quality.
"Winning a Traveler's Choice award isn't easy, as less than one percent of the 1.1 million hotels listed on TripAdvisor are award winners. That's why it's so extraordinary that these 16 hotels have won a Traveler's Choice award for ten years straight," said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. "We are excited to honor the consistent excellence of these properties with a Hall of Fame award. For a couple of these winners, you can find prices for less than $100 per night, so travelers don't have to break the bank to book a once-in-a-lifetime hotel experience."
Europe and Asia featured the most Hall of Fame inductees of any continent with four each, South America featured three award winners, North America and the Caribbean featured two, and Central America featured one winner.
Global Hall of Fame Travelers' Choice for Hotels Winners:
- Anastasis Apartments – Santorini, Greece – Average rate of $461 per night.
Located on the outskirts of the village of Imerovigli and perched upon the top of the cliffs of the Caldera, travelers can immerse themselves in natural beauty, privacy and peace. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Hands down the most incredible place I've ever stayed. Beautiful suites, amazing breakfast, gorgeous pool, the nicest staff. The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay special."
- Three reasons to book Anastasis Apartments: Sunset drinks, private Jacuzzi, five-star service
- Past categories won: Bargain, Best Service, Hidden Gem, Relaxation, Romance, Small, Top Overall
- Arcadia Residence – Prague, Czech Republic – Average rate of $119 per night.
Arcadia Residence is the right address in the heart of Prague, at only a few minutes from the Old Town Square and Charles Bridge. This accommodation combines the elegancy of a historical building with modern facilities with an authentic Czech atmosphere. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "The location is incredibly central, a stone throw away from the astronomical clock. All was very clean, very well maintained. Breakfast was absolutely incredible! We were given a mini tour of our surroundings as soon as we arrived, with useful tips on were to hang, where to change money, where to eat."
- Three reasons to book Arcadia Residence: Full kitchen, walking tour, huge bathroom
- Past categories won: Bargain, Best Service, Hidden Gem, B&Bs/Inns
- Auberge Saint-Antoine – Quebec City, Canada – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $256 per night.
Travelers are welcomed into this luxury hotel in the heart of the Old Port of Québec, facing the St. Lawrence River, near the ramparts, museums and lively streets of the Petit Champlain district. Quebec City is part of UNESCO's World Heritage, and the Auberge is the perfect place for travelers to explore this romantic and historic city. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Good sized room with a wonderful view of the St. Lawrence River. I really appreciated the way they brought the history of the old factory into the décor and feel of the space. The location is perfect for those that enjoy walking and taking in the lower section of Old Quebec."
- Three reasons to book Auberge Saint-Antoine: Heated floors, live jazz, river view
- Past categories won: Best Service, Luxury, Romance, Top Overall
- East Winds – Gros Islet, St. Lucia – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $712 per night.
Travelers can immerse themselves in all-inclusive luxury at this island hideaway. The boutique resort is tucked away among lush plants, trees, and colorful bird life. Guests can expect personalized care, exclusive adventures, through an authentic Caribbean experience. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "The hotel sits within a beautiful garden, has a wonderful, elegant beachside restaurant. Exceptionally good food and a lovely beach. But the key is the staff. You end up making genuine friends with them all. Overall, East Winds is relaxing, gentle, peaceful, quiet and thoroughly de-stressing. Top marks."
- Three reasons to book East Winds: Bamboo lounge, fitness trail, sunken shower, Steinway piano
- Past categories won: All-inclusive, Best Service, Luxury, Romance, Top Overall
- Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires – Buenos Aires, Argentina – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $539 per night.
Situated in the heart of Buenos Aires' exclusive La Recoleta district, the hotel is within easy reach of the capital's business and cultural attractions. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Lives up to its five star standards, very beautiful property, location and customer service, awesome stay! Highly recommended, very professional and polite staff. Comfort and luxury at its best – location is just perfect."
- Three reasons to book Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires: Elena Restaurant, Pony Line Bar, Spa
- Past categories won: Best Service, Luxury, Top Overall
- Golden Well Hotel – Prague, Czech Republic – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $285 per night.
Travelers staying at this boutique hotel enjoy one of the best locations in the city. The rooms are reflective of the building's rich heritage, providing guests with luxury accommodation and world-class amenities. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "The staff were extremely welcoming and professional from our first contact prior to arrival and maintained a high level throughout our stay. All requests were met with a smile and admirable level of service. The hotel itself was clean and cozy and very charming."
- Three reasons to book Golden Well Hotel: Castle gardens view, pillow menu, rooftop restaurant
- Past categories won: Best Service, Euro Favorites, Hidden Gem, Luxury, Romance, Top Overall, Small
- Hotel Casa do Amarelindo – Salvador, Brazil – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $161 per night.
This hotel is a restored former 19th century mansion located in the historical district of Salvador, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985. Many rooms have a breathtaking view over All Saints' Bay. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "The place in beautiful, perfectly located in the heart of the Pelourinho. Our room was spacious, nicely furbished and very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and abundant. The owners are very charming and the staff is friendly and considerate. Really, a "5 star" service!"
- Three reasons to book Hotel Casa do Amarelindo: Rooftop bar, an oasis, perfect location
- Past categories won: Best Service, Hidden Gem, Romance, Small, Trendy
- Hotel Torre Dorada – Cusco, Peru – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $87 per night.
Travelers will embraced in the warm welcome of a family with cheerful rooms and a pleasant staff. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "From the moment we walked through the doors, we were treated with respect and kindness. No effort was spared in helping find activities. The breakfast service wonderful. The value for the price of the room was great -- very clean and comfortable!"
- Three reasons to book Hotel Torre Dorada: Car service, free airport transportation, home away from home
- Past categories won: Bargain, Best Service, Hidden Gems, Romance, Top Overall
- IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Paraiso – Playa del Carmen, Mexico – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $617 per night.
Travelers will enjoy this Riviera Maya all-inclusive and adults-only resort – an enclave in the midst of nature. Guest can experience a variety of sports, relaxation, beach, parties, exquisite service and great restaurants. This spa hotel, built on the beach, provides personalized service, fully equipped honeymoon or individual suites and select cuisine. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "The property is stunning and the hospitality is second to none. If you're looking for some time in paradise, this is the resort for you. And the best surprise was the quality of the pool grill. Every day at lunch was a BBQed delight."
- Three reasons to book Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso: Tranquility pool, butler service, rose petals
- Past categories won: All-inclusive, Best Service, Hidden Gem, Luxury, Romance, Top Overall
- Jamaica Inn – Ocho Ricos, Jamaica – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $379 per night.
Since 1950, travelers have sensed a welcoming, familiar feeling strolling the grounds. Upon entering the gates, the General Manager greets guests warmly and helps them settle into their home away from home. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "The White Suite is known for Marilyn Monroe staying in it in 1951. If you can only splurge just one time, do it now on this suite, especially if it's your honeymoon or a romantic getaway."
- Three reasons to book Jamaica Inn: Private beach, croquet lawn, Ocean Spa
- Past categories won: Best Service, Luxury, Romance, Top Overall
- Layana Resort and Spa – Ko Lanta, Thailand – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $249 per night.
Travelers will enjoy the accommodations designed in contemporary Thai style, complete with large balconies, while decor and furnishings are both natural and luxurious, making extensive use of hardwoods, silks and other indigenous materials. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Great pools, great beach, great service, plenty of eating options nearby, and lovely beach perfect for swimming. This is a perfect place for couples. Worth every penny!"
- Three reasons to book Layana Resort and Spa: Tides Restaurant, signature massage, speedboat transfer
- Past categories won: Best Service, Luxury, Relaxation, Romance, Top Overall
- Los Altos de Eros – Tamarindo, Costa Rica – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $370 per night.
Guests are welcomed into a 27-acre, paradise-like estate 20 minutes outside of Tamarindo. Los Altos de Eros means "the heights of love" and guests will love the location, ambiance, cuisine, Spa, and Staff. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "It was amazing. Great guests, great staff and a cuisine that was out of this world. My wife and I have been to over 27 countries and stayed in some of the great locations in the world and this hotel is the one that we talk about. They treat you as though it is your home and they are the simply there to attend to you."
- Three reasons to book Los Altos de Eros: Cooking class, sunset massage, volcanic mud wrap
- Past categories won: Best Service, Luxury, Relaxation, Romance, Small, Top Overall
- Nukubati Private Island – Vanua Levu, Fiji – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $783 per night.
Nukubati is an all-inclusive private island resort in the Fiji Islands, a natural extension of a gracious and simple style of South Pacific living. Catered for just seven couples, this eco-chic resort is the perfect experience for travelers looking for total seclusion. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Starting with the beautiful drive through the forest, then the welcoming music, a fresh coconut on arrival, then the Honeymoon Bure is so natural and beautiful, the food then came, and the seafood is the best I have ever had in my life, not to mention unlimited cheeky cocktails!!"
- Three reasons to book Nukubati Private Island: Fijian BBQ, private island, sandbar picnic
- Past categories won: All-inclusive, Best Service, Luxury, Romance, Small
- The Oberoi Amarvilas – Agra, India - Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $715 per night.
Each room affords uninterrupted views of the Taj Mahal, while elements of the layout and design pay homage to its Mughal splendor. Native trees and flaming torches line the driveway with cascading fountains arches. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Incredibly caring and attentive service from hospitality to restaurant to housekeeping. The staff only want your greatest satisfaction. It's a wonderful atmosphere, beautiful property, short walk to the Taj."
- Three reasons to book The Oberoi Amarvilas: Beautiful pool, balconies, butler
- Past categories won: Best Service, Luxury, Romance, Top Overall
- Rudding Park Hotel – Follifoot, United Kingdom – Bookable on TripAdvisor for an average rate of $235 per night.
The luxurious and privately owned Rudding Park Hotel sits on 300 acres of landscaped gardens and woodland. Travelers enjoy a spa, two restaurants and a kitchen garden, private cinema, two golf courses and conference and events space. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "We left the spa feeling relaxed and rejuvenated, and returning to our room, we had a bottle of bubbles complementary from Rudding Park. The rooms are beautiful, clean, warm and the bathrooms have everything you could wish for. All staff are genuinely happy."
- Three reasons to book Rudding Park Hotel: Clocktower Restaurant, steam room, roll top bath
- Past categories won: Best Service, Euro Favorites, Luxury, Top Overall
- Tegal Sari – Bali, Indonesia – Average rate of $74 per night.
Travelers will relax amidst the Bali scenery enjoying a calming mix of sounds of running water, tall rice stalks rustling in the wind, and frogs in harmony. Tegal Sari offers tranquility, privacy, comfort, and a home base to explore the uniqueness of Ubud. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "This hotel is always the highlight of my trips to Bali. I have rarely experienced such care, attention to detail and impeccable caring service as demonstrated by the team at Tegal Sari. A home away from home, we will continue to come here for years to come."
- Three reasons to book Tegal Sari: Rice paddies, monkey forest, yoga barn
- Past categories won: Bargain, Hidden Gem
For more information about the 16 Hall of Fame hotels and other 2017 Travelers' Choice awards for Hotels winners, visit: www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels-cHallofFame. Travelers can also follow the conversation on Twitter at #TravelersChoice.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site**, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 435 million reviews and opinions covering 6.8 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors* in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRIP), through its subsidiaries, manages and operates websites under 23 other travel media brands:
www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.citymaps.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.com, www.eltenedor.com, www.iens.nl and www.dimmi.com.au), www.gateguru.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.housetrip.com, www.independenttraveler.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com, www.oyster.com, www.seatguru.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.travelpod.com, www.tripbod.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com.
*Source: TripAdvisor log files, average monthly unique visitors, Q3 2016
**Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, July 2016