LONDON, UK, 29 June, 2021 -- Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel guidance platform, today unveiled a newly refreshed mobile app for iOS and Android users, just in time for the summer travel rebound happening across the globe. The new app aims to make us all travel better. Whether you’re planning ahead or on the go, get the most out of your next trip with guidance from millions of travellers like you -- be it a nearby weekend getaway or an international adventure. Travellers can download the new Tripadvisor app via the App Store or Google Play.
“We took this past year to refresh our native app to better surface timely and relevant guidance and tips from travellers who have been there before. Providing more personalised inspiration for consumers, whether they’re already at their destination looking for a hidden gem nearby or planning ahead, is exactly how we’re helping everyone become better travellers,” said Lindsay Nelson, Chief Experience and Brand Officer, Tripadvisor, Inc.
Key app features:
- Get travel guidance and tips: Access millions of recent traveller reviews; search and discover traveller-recommended places nearby and view them on a map; and read new Travel Guides for unique ways to experience a destination with expert tips.
- Book all your travel plans in one place: From over 400,000 experiences and 2.3 million accommodations worldwide with free cancellations in case your plans change.
- Use the Trips planning tool to save and organise traveller-recommended places; then see your saves on a map, as well as share and collaborate with your travel companions.
- Travel confidently with the latest COVID-19 health and safety information for hotels, restaurants, tours, and attractions.
- Guide other travellers: Submit travel and dining reviews and photos of places you’ve visited. Post your own travel questions in the Tripadvisor forums and share your knowledge with others.
Tripadvisor, the world's largest travel guidance platform*, helps hundreds of millions of people each month** become better travellers, from planning to booking to taking a trip. Travellers across the globe use the Tripadvisor site and app to discover where to stay, what to do and where to eat based on guidance from those who have been there before. With more than 887 million reviews and opinions of nearly 8 million businesses, travellers turn to Tripadvisor to find deals on accommodations, book experiences, reserve tables at delicious restaurants and discover great places nearby. As a travel guidance company available in 43 markets and 22 languages, Tripadvisor makes planning easy no matter the trip type. The subsidiaries of Tripadvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP), own and operate a portfolio of online travel brands and businesses, operating under various websites and apps, including the following websites:
www.bokun.io, www.cruisecritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com, www.helloreco.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.seatguru.com, www.singleplatform.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com, and www.viator.com.
* Source: SimilarWeb, unique users de-duplicated monthly, March 2021
** Source: Tripadvisor internal log files