Singapore, 5 December 2019 – TripAdvisor®, the world’s largest travel platform, has put together handpicked Trips for Singapore travellers planning that year end getaway.
TripAdvisor Trips is a planning tool that lets travellers save and organise all the great places they find on TripAdvisor to a map. Travellers can use Trips for all of their active itinerary planning including creating lists of ideas or recommendations, which can be accessed easily using the TripAdvisor app before, during or after their trip. Trips can be private and they can be shared.
To inspire Singapore travellers planning their next holiday, TripAdvisor has collaborated with local publishers and influencers to create and share their Trips to popular destinations such as Bangkok, Tokyo and Seoul. In addition, to encourage travellers to create and use Trips, TripAdvisor is also offering users a chance to win two business class air tickets worth up to S$15,000 to a desired destination, with the launch of the #TripAdvisorTrips Contest.
Travel is big in Singapore and Singapore travellers take their planning seriously. According to TripAdvisor research1, 71% of travellers in Singapore take a somewhat planned to highly planned approach for their travels, compared to 29% who are more spontaneous when it comes to making holiday decisions. Singapore travellers also spent an average of 18.5 hours planning and booking their longest trip.
“Singapore consumers love their holidays and we know people enjoy planning a trip. With our Trips planning tool, we have made the joy of planning and getting inspired easier and more fulfilling, with the ability to save favourite places and recommendations that can be shared. Whether it’s a girls’ getaway or a family holiday, travellers can use Trips to create and collaborate on a holiday itinerary or guide based on their passion points, such as ‘10 Ramen Restaurants to visit in Tokyo’ for foodies or ‘Must-visit night markets in Bangkok’ for shopping fanatics,” said Jane Lim, Vice President, Business Operations and Strategy, TripAdvisor Asia Pacific.
Trips for Singaporeans by Singaporeans
In order to curate locally-created Trips relevant to travellers in Singapore, TripAdvisor teamed up with local media publishers and influencers known for their extensive travel such as The Travel Intern and SethLui.com as well as GirlEatWorld, Leia & Lauren and Jemma Wei. These Trips span across popular destinations such as Osaka, New York and Taipei. Singapore travellers looking for travel inspiration can easily duplicate them with the click of a button. View more featured Trips here.
To encourage more users to create Trips, TripAdvisor has also launched the #TripAdvisorTrips Contest. One winner will receive the prize of two business class tickets, worth up to S$15,000, to a destination of their choice.
Steps to enter:
- Create a Trip that is uniquely yours – whether you are an expert bargain hunter, a coffee connoisseur or a down-to-the-smallest-detail planner, save and share your can’t-miss places and travel tips. This can be for a past trip, an upcoming trip, or simply a list of favourite spots in Singapore or any city you frequent.
- Share your Trip with the TripAdvisor community, by setting it to Public view, and reposting it on TripAdvisor.
- In the description box, tag @TripAdvisorAsia and tell us why TripAdvisor users will find your itinerary interesting and helpful.
The contest runs from 5 – 31 December 2019. The Trip with the highest number of helpful votes on TripAdvisor wins and the winner will be announced on 10 January 2020.
- Trips can be created on the app or desktop.
- Keep Trips private or make them public and share them with our global community.
- Add dates and organise a Trip by day and date to transform saved places or recommendations into an itinerary.
- Collaborate on a Trip by adding friends and family.
- Notes segment for each save lets travellers write more information, such as what to eat at a restaurant or what time they plan to go.
Replicate Trips made by other travellers, influencers or publishers by clicking ‘save all items’ under a specific Trip. Check out Trips by popular publishers such as Eater, Culture Trip, Refinery29 and Thrillist for inspiration.
Interesting Trips to get you inspired:
- Jemimah Wei (Jemma Wei) – Trips to New York, Melbourne, London
- Keith Yuen (TravelInspiration360) – Trips to Bandung, Seoul, Bangkok
- Kelvin Ang (CheekieMonkies) – Trips to Frankfurt, Tainan, Osaka
- Leia & Lauren (LeiaLauren) – Trips to Jaipur, Cairns, Bandung
- Mark Chua (Shutterwhale) – Trips to Taipei, Beijing, Tokyo
- Melissa Hie (GirlEatWorld) – Trips to Nagano, Penang, Hoi An
- Nicholas Tan (Stormscape) – Trips to Ipoh, Kyoto, Tokyo
- Sophie Willocq (SophieWillocq) – Trips to Bali, Lisbon, Arctic
- Seth Lui (Sethlui.com) – Trips to Ho Chi Minh, Seoul, Singapore
- The Travel Intern – Trips to Yogyakarta, Hanoi, London
- Have Halal Will Travel – Trips to New York, Osaka, Taipei
How to use Trips:
- If you don’t already have one, create a TripAdvisor account!
- Create a Trip
- Search for hotels, things to do or restaurants
- Save to Trips by clicking the heart to start building your itinerary
- Continue saving to your heart’s content
- Share your Trips with friends and family using the link
TripAdvisor (NASDAQ:TRIP), the world's largest travel platform*, helps nearly 460 million travellers each month** make every trip their best trip. Travellers across the globe use the TripAdvisor site and app to browse more than 830 million reviews and opinions of 8.6 million accommodations, restaurants, experiences, airlines and cruises. Whether planning or on a trip, travellers turn to TripAdvisor to compare low prices on hotels, flights and cruises, book popular tours and attractions, as well as reserve tables at great restaurants. TripAdvisor, the ultimate travel companion, is available in 49 markets and 28 languages.
The subsidiaries and affiliates of TripAdvisor, Inc. own and operate a portfolio of websites and businesses, including the following travel media brands: www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bokun.io, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com,www.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.com, www.eltenedor.com,and www.restorando.com), www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com, www.oyster.com, www.seatguru.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com.