TripAdvisor®, the world’s largest travel platform, today announced the winners of the Fine Dining and Everyday Dining categories for its annual Travellers’ Choice® Awards for Restaurants. Based on a full year of TripAdvisor reviews, these restaurants were consistently given high ratings and praise by restaurant-goers across the globe.
Friends Restaurant in Perth took out the top spot for Fine Dining in Australia, while Beijing’s TRB Hutong has been crowned the number one Fine Dining restaurant in the world, the first time a restaurant in Asia has received this honor. For dining options without the larger price tag, Brisbane-based George’s Paragon Seafood Restaurant received the top accolade, followed by Fish At The Rocks, Sydney and Grill Steak Seafood Restaurant, Melbourne.
Fast Facts On Australia’s Travellers’ Choice Awards for Restaurants
- Modern take on a classic: Contemporary Australian is the most popular cuisine across the two dining categories, followed by Japanese and Thai.
- Food with a view: Aussies can’t seem to get enough of a restaurant with a view, with half of the local restaurants receiving an accolade offering diners a beautiful vantage point of the water
- New South Wales has the most winning restaurants: Seven restaurants across the top Australian categories are based in the south-east state
“Restaurant-goers rely on candid reviews and guidance from other TripAdvisor users to discover restaurants of all types, from local hidden gems to famous restaurants all over the world,” said Bertrand Jelensperger, senior vice president for TripAdvisor Restaurants. "Whether you’re planning a special dinner or grabbing a quick meal on the go, you can turn to TripAdvisor and our 2019 Travellers’ Choice award winners to satisfy any craving."
Below are the top 10 restaurants in Australia, by category, as well as the top 10 Fine Dining restaurants in the world.
Fine Dining Award-Winners
High-end, special occasion restaurants known for impeccable food and service.
- Friends Restaurant – Perth, Western Australia
- Sage – Canberra, ACT
- The Stunned Mullet - Port Macquarie,New South Wales
- fermentAsian - Tanunda, South Australia
- Spirit House - Yandina, Queensland
- China Doll - Sydney, New South Wales
- Pee Wee’s at the Point - Darwin, Northern Territory
- Watergate Restaurant & Lounge Bar - Port Douglas, Queensland
- Bacchus - Brisbane, Queensland
- Sake Restaurant & Bar - Sydney, New South Wales
- TRB Hutong - Beijing, China
- Epicure - Paris, France
- Ristorante Villa Crespi - Orta San Giulio, Italy
- Restaurante Benazuza - Cancun, Mexico
- The Jane - Antwerp, Belgium
- Le Brouillarta - Saint-Jean-de-Luz, France
- David’s Kitchen - Chiang Mai, Thailand
- El Celler de Can Roca - Girona, Spain
- Aramburu - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Adam’s - Birmingham, United Kingdom
Everyday Dining Award-Winners
Restaurants that provide great meals for any occasion that don’t break the bank.
- George’s Paragon Seafood Restaurant - Brisbane, Queensland
- Fish At The Rocks - Sydney, New South Wales
- Grill Steak Seafood Restaurant - Melbourne, Victoria
- Chin Chin - Melbourne, Victoria
- Hugos Manly - Manly, New South Wales
- Farmhouse Kings Cross - Sydney, New South Wales
- Petition - Perth, Western Australia
- Tha Fish - Cairns, Queensland
- Salt House - Cairns, Queensland
- The Grounds of Alexandria - Sydney, New South Wales
To view the full list of 2019 Travellers' Choice award-winning restaurants, visit: https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/TravellersChoice-Restaurants.
Use the TripAdvisor app on the go to find top-rated restaurants wherever you are.