TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel platform, today announced a list of trending London experiences to help travellers from Singapore see the city with fresh eyes. According to the site’s data1, London has seen strong travel by Singapore travellers over the last two years.
Popular landmarks include Buckingham Palace and Tower of London, and travellers tend to hit its world-class West End scene as well as shopping streets like Oxford Street and Knightsbridge.
However, for Singapore travellers looking to see London in a new way, here is a list of unique experiences that are growing in popularity on TripAdvisor:
Trending experiences in London2:
(+ denotes percentage growth in year-over-year bookings):
Pop Culture Tours – Off the screen and book
- Calling all Potter Heads! In this interactive walking tour, travellers get to discover famous landmarks featured in the Harry Potter films that otherwise would be impossible to find on their own. Guides dressed as iconic characters such as Hagrid and Ron will entertain and put travellers to the test with games and quizzes inspired from the movies.
- Attracting 9.9 million viewers on the premiere of its final season in 2016 and with a movie spin-off slated to screen in Singapore this November, Downtown Abbey is one of the most popular TV shows of all time. On this full day tour, travellers can journey back to the early nineteenth century and gain access to sites where the filming of this cultural phenomenon took place such as Cotswolds Village and the Highclere Castle.
Spooky Tours – Walk and get your creep on
- Jack the Ripper was a serial killer who terrorised the streets of London more than a century ago. On this two-hour evening tour, a professional “Ripperologist” guide will take travellers to notorious murder sites and unravel the truths and myths about the man behind one of history’s most brutal crimes. This is not for the faint-hearted!
The Ghost Bus Tours – London (+203%)
- This tour sheds light on the dark past behind some of London’s infamous sites, including the Tower of London where many a prisoner met their gruesome end, and the ancient tombs of Westminster Abbey. Onboard an iconic 1960s Routemaster bus, travellers can expect a ghoulishly entertaining guide to serve tales of hauntings, murders and executions at various attractions in London.
Urban Adventure Tours – offbeat experiences unique to London
Up at the O2 Climb in London (+271%)
- Scale new heights by experiencing London from the roof of The O2 – one of the world’s most popular live music venues. Hike up 52 meters and be rewarded with uninterrupted views of London’s well-known landmarks such as Greenwich Park, Canary Wharf, and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- With the work of Banksy, Ben Eine, and Stik on its walls, Shoreditch district in East London has some of the finest street arts in the world. Guided by a local street artist, travellers can discover the thought-provoking works by more than 60 artists and understand how it reflects current events and the local culture.
- Loved by both tourists and locals, a foodie with local knowledge of London’s dining culture and latest gastronomy trends will give travellers a taste of the most delicious traditional English food. Savour sausage rolls, sticky toffee pudding and fish and chips while learning about the history and fun facts of the London Bridge and Borough Market.
With the world’s largest selection of bookable tours and activities around the world, TripAdvisor is a one-stop destination for planning all of your travel activities. From traditional sightseeing to food tours, day trips, and local experiences, travellers can find and book great things to do wherever they are on the TripAdvisor app and site.
 Based on unique sessions for the most-searched outbound destinations on TripAdvisor by Singapore travellers from January 2017 to July 2019.
2 Experiences in London that have seen strong year-on-year percentage growth based on the number of bookings by global travellers, comparing August 2018 to 2019.