TripAdvisor®, the travel planning and booking site, today announced Hervey Bay’s WetSide Water Park as the #1 Amusement Park/Water Park in Australia and the South Pacific. The attraction also is amongst the top 10 Water Parks in the World. Aqua Fun Park and Adventure World Perth Australia clinched the second and third spot respectively.
“This year’s Travellers Choice winners showcase some of Australia’s most heart-racing amusement parks and exhilarating water parks, based on reviews by millions of travellers from all around the world,” said Janice Lee Fang, Director of Communications, Asia Pacific. “Visitors who want to make the most of their visit and not spend time waiting in line can book admission tickets online on TripAdvisor.”
Top 10 Amusement Parks in Australia:
(Excerpts in quotes are taken from TripAdvisor traveller reviews)
- WetSide Water Park – Hervey Bay, Queensland
Located on the foreshore at Hervey Bay, the WetSide Water Park is family-friendly waterpark “with variety of slides and pools” for kids of all ages. “A great spot to cool the kids down”, the free entry waterpark includes both complimentary and “reasonably priced” rides. Visitors can also enjoy a light show display featuring a combination of music, water fountains, coloured illuminations on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- One-day admission: Free (pay for $5 for 10 times on Water Slides and $6 for FlipSide Board Rider)
- Aqua Fun Park – Twin Waters, Queensland
Stretching on a runway of over 200 metres, Aqua Fun Park is an inflatable waterpark situated within Novotel Twin Waters. The waterpark, known for its floating slides and obstacle courses, is “great fun for kids and adults alike”. Reviewers highly praised the “attentive and helpful” staff and “well-maintained” equipment.
- One-day admission: All – $17 for a single session, $28 for a double session and $12 for every extra session (one session is 50-minute long)
- Adventure World Perth Australia – Bibra Lake, Western Australia
Adventure World is Perth’s only amusement and waterpark with over 25 exhilarating rides and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Nestled within beautifully landscaped botanical gardens and lawns, the “neat and well cared for” park includes a Hawaiian resort themed Kahuna Falls, an Aussie Wildlife experience and a Dragon’s Kingdom.
- One-day admission: Adult – $129, Child (3-9) – $123
- Aussie World – Caloundra, Queensland
Aussie World is a popular amusement park among families with younger children thanks to “simple classics” such as the chair swing, log ride, pirate ship, Ferris wheel and more. Travellers especially love the “smaller crowd” and “value for money” entrance fees. Travellers can buy Aussie World Theme Park General Admission Ticket on TripAdvisor for access to access to over 30 rides and attractions.
- One-day admission: All – $40
- WhiteWater World – Coomera, Queensland
Co-located with Dreamworld, WhiteWater World has been delivering serious splashes since it first opened in 2006. Open all-year round, the waterpark features 12 slides, including dedicated pools for toddlers to “thrill rides for the adventurous”. Visitors had “great fun” especially on the Green Room, the Hydrocoaster and the Wiggle Bay.
- One-day admission: Adult – $95, Child (3-13) – $85
- Magic Mountain – Merimbula, New South Wales
Situated on the Sapphire Coast a short distance away from the town of Merimbula, Magic Mountain is the area’s most “highly recommended” family activity. The park is surrounded by greenery, and comes with a tree climb, barbeque and picnic facilities which adds to the family fun. While admission is free, visitors can opt to pay per ride or to purchase and unlimited pass.
- One-day admission: Free (pay per ride) or All-Day Passes: Child (4-5) – $25, Youth (6-11) – $38, Adults (12+) – $45
- Dreamworld – Coomera, Queensland
Dreamworld, “Australia’s largest theme park” host over one million visitors every year. The park is made up of several themed lands such as Ocean Parade, DreamWorks Experience, Wiggles World, and Tiger Island. Dreamworld is also a wildlife conservation park, supporting the protection and conservation of more than 500 animals including tigers, koalas and tree kangaroos.
- One-day admission: Adult – $95, Child (3-13) – $85
- Jamberoo Action Park – Jamberoo, New South Wales
Set amongst 40 hectares of landscaped gardens and parklands, Jamberoo Action Park offers a wide range of water rides, slides and attractions offered. The park is recommended for a “great family day out” as the rides appeal to both kids and adults. Visitors especially love The Rock, Funnel Web, Taipan and the Toboggan.
- Wet 'n' Wild Water World – Oxenford, Queensland
One of Gold Coast’s top waterparks, Wet ‘n’ Wild Water World has “plenty of selection of slides and water fun for all ages”. Visitors can sail through Mammoth Falls in a six-person tube, take a wild ride on Terror Canyon, enter the adventure playground of Buccaneer Bay and more. The waterpark is open all year round as pools and rides are kept heated during winter months. Travellers can purchase a Gold Coast Theme Park Pass on TripAdvisor from $119 for a 3, 7 or 14 day access to Wet ‘n’ Wild and nearby theme parks such as Movie World and Sea World.
- One-day admission: Adult – $74, Child (3-13) – $69
- Warner Bros. Movie World – Oxenford, Queensland
Visitors can get a taste of “Hollywood on the Gold Coast” at the Warner Bros. Movie World. Attractions includes favourite super-heroes and stars themed rides such as Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster, Harry Potter–themed sets and a Green Lantern Coaster. Visitors can also look forward to entertaining performances from the Looney Toons crew and an action packed car stunt show.
- One-day admission: Adult – $89, Child (3-9) – $79
Top 10 Amusement Parks in the World:
- Universal's Islands of Adventure – Orlando, Florida
- Magic Kingdom – Orlando, Florida
- Le Puy du Fou – Les Epesses, France
- Universal Studios Hollywood – Los Angeles, California
- Universal Studios Florida – Orlando, Florida
- Disney's Animal Kingdom – Orlando, Florida
- Europa-Park – Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Tivoli Gardens – Copenhagen, Denmark
- The Island in Pigeon Forge – Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Disneyland Park – Marne-la-Vallee, France
Top 10 Water Parks in the World:
- Siam Park – Tenerife, Spain
- Waterbom Bali – Kuta, Indonesia
- Beach Park – Aquiraz, State of Ceara, Brazil
- Thermas dos Laranjais – Olimpia, State of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park – Orlando, Florida
- Aquapark Istralandia – Novigrad, Croatia
- Wild Wadi Waterpark – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Makadi Water World – Hurghada, Egypt
- Eco Parque Arraial d’Ajuda – Porto Seguro, Brazil
- WetSide Water Park – Hervey Bay, Australia
Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for amusement parks and water parks worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period.
For the complete list of 2018 Travellers’ Choice Amusement Parks and Water Parks winners, as well as reviews and candid traveller photos, go to: www.tripadvisor.com/TravellersChoice-Attractions. Travellers can also follow the conversation on Twitter at #travellerschoice.
Prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and are accurate as of July 20, 2018.