TripAdvisor, the world’s largest provider of bookable experiences, is giving travellers a look at its new ‘Waking up the Vatican’ tour.
For the first time, travellers can experience the Vatican - the most-booked attraction on TripAdvisor - in quiet solitude, before sunrise, and before it opens to the public. The Vatican is famously popular, with travellers waiting up to 4 hours during peak season.
The tour is available now and allows a small number of travellers to join the ‘Clavigero’, the Vatican key holder, as he unlocks the doors to the Sistine Chapel, Raphael’s rooms, the Galleries, and more, hours before these iconic sites open to the public.
Details on the experience, bookable only TripAdvisor:
- Tour is led by an English-speaking guide
- The group’s maximum size is 20
- Available through June 1, 2019 (some blackout dates apply)
- Cost: EUR €449 / AUD $717 / SGD $733
- CURRENT SPECIAL: Travellers booking now for travel through June 22, 2018 can save 30% off the tour (savings of EUR €134.70 / AUD $215 / SGD $219 per person).
Remarkably, the group and their guide are permitted to speak in the Sistine Chapel, a privilege not afforded in opening hours, giving experience-goers the rare opportunity of an expert-led Sistine Chapel tour.
TripAdvisor offers the world’s largest selection of bookable experiences, with over 100,000 tours, activities and attractions globally. With everything from skip-the-line access at iconic sites, to cooking classes, winery and brewery day trips, air balloon rides, safaris, Northern Lights expeditions and more — we have something for every traveller.
Product link: Waking up the Vatican