TripAdvisor®, the world’s largest travel site from reviews to bookings, today announced the winners of its Travellers’ Choice® awards for Beaches in Asia. This year, India’s Agonda Beach took the #1 spot in Asia.
TripAdvisor has awarded 355 beaches overall, including the top 25 in the world and local lists for Asia, Europe, Africa, South Pacific, South America, Middle East, Caribbean, Central America, Australia, Brazil, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, the U.K. and the U.S. Award winners were determined based on the quantity and quality of traveller reviews and ratings for beaches on TripAdvisor, gathered over a 12-month period.
For the complete list of Travellers’ Choice Beach award-winners for 2018, as well as the latest reviews and candid traveller photos, visit: www.TripAdvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches. Travellers can also follow the conversation on Twitter at #TravelersChoice.
Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Beaches in Asia:
(Excerpts in quotes below from TripAdvisor reviewers)
- Agonda Beach – Agonda, Goa, India
Agonda Beach on the south of Goa is said to be a great escape for travellers looking some peace and quiet. “Uncrowded” and a great spot for sunbathing and relaxing, Agonda beach is three kilometres long and lined with “cosy and colourful shacks”, which can be rented for a beachfront accommodation. A breeding site for sea turtles, lucky visitors may even come across hatching baby turtles.
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: The Bay Agonda, from USD 88 per night on TripAdvisor
- White Beach – Boracay, Panay Island, Philippines
White Beach lies on the western side of Boracay, extending five kilometres along “powdery sands and azure waters”. Travellers will find lots of water activities from parasailing, helmet diving and paddle boarding. One of the “best spot for sunsets”, the beach gets crowded every evening at five o’clock as visitors await for nature to put on a spectacular show.
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Astoria Current, from USD 84 per night on TripAdvisor
- Ngapali Beach – Ngapali, Rakhine State, Myanmar
Situated on the Bay of Bengal, Ngapali beach is one of Myanmar’s most visited beaches known for its “laid back atmosphere”, and “picture postcard” views of clear waters and a fine golden sand shoreline fringed by palm trees. The beach remains unspoilt despite increasing development and popularity among travellers. For a peek of local life, travellers can stroll down south to the fishing village where “fisherman go about their daily work of fishing, sorting and maintaining their boats and catch.”
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Thande Beach Hotel, from USD 66 per night on TripAdvisor
- Radhanagar Beach – Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar, India
Radhangar Beach, also known as Beach No. 7 is the “pride of the Andaman Islands” with its blue seas, white sands and lush, verdant trees on the beachside. The beach is lauded for its cleanliness, thanks to Andaman locals who enforce strict cleanliness guidelines to ensure that the beach remains in its pristine condition. Travellers are recommended to head to nearby restaurants for fresh seafood while witnessing an unparalleled sunset view.
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Barefoot at Havelock, from USD 164 per night on TripAdvisor
- PhraNang Cave Beach – Ao Nang, Krabi Province, Thailand
Located at the southern end of the Railay peninsula, PhraNang Cave Beach is surrounded by “warm sands, emerald waters and limestone cliffs”. The beach is best accessed by a traditional long tail boat and visitors can immerse themselves in activities such as kayaking, stand up paddling and rock climbing. At the southern tip of the beach is a shrine dedicated to an ancient deity, worshipped for harvest and fertility.
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Aonang Villa Resort, from USD 136 per night on TripAdvisor
- Bentota Beach – Bentota, Southern Province, Sri Lanka
Bentota Beach is a promontory between the Bentota River and the sea and is loved for the “soft sand” and “warm water”. Reviewers say the best time to go is during the dry season between December and April as the monsoon season makes it hard to swim. Water sports enthusiasts can enjoy a range of activities such as jet skiing, banana boating and parasailing.
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Vivanta by Taj - Bentota, from USD 180 per night on TripAdvisor
- Nai Harn Beach – Rawai, Phuket, Thailand
Nai Harn beach is a “hidden paradise” tucked in between green hills and tiny islands on the south of Phuket. Away from tourist crowds, travellers can rent affordable umbrellas and mats and enjoy a lazy afternoon lounging under the sun. Street vendors are plenty on the beach offering services of all sorts from boards to play in the waves, chilled beers to massages by the beach.
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: The Nai Harn, from USD 242 per night on TripAdvisor
- Nacpan Beach – El Nido, Mimaropa, Philippines
North of El Nido town lies Nacpan Beach, a four kilometre strip of “powdery paradise” and clear waters. While accessible only via a 45-minutes scooter ride on undeveloped dirt road, travellers agree that it is “worth the trip” for the sunset views. Nacpan Beach is one-half of the famous El Nido’s ‘Twin Beaches’, separated by a small, palm crowned, grass-covered hill.
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Qi Palawan, from USD 178 per night on TripAdvisor
- Nusa Dua Beach – Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia
A “beautiful southern beach peninsula in Bali”, Nusa Dua Beach is located on a long strip that runs parallel to many five star accommodations. While sections of the beach are reserved for hotel guests, it is still accessible to the public at certain areas. Adventurous travellers can look forward to plenty of water activities from “donut boat rides, flying fishes and jet skiing”.
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, from USD 179 per night on TripAdvisor
- Veligandu Island Beach – Veligandu, Alifu Atoll, Maldives
Covering 22 acres, Veligandu Island Beach is one of the more popular beaches in the island nation thanks to “clear waters and an amazing house reef.” Veligandu, which means ‘sandbank’ in Maldivian, is named after the glorious long sandbank at the southern end of the island. Travellers can chill at one of the many hammocks, swing chairs or loungers at this tiny, relaxed-vibe beach.
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, from USD 1755 per night on TripAdvisor
Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Beaches in the World:
1. Grace Bay – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Ports of Call Resort, from USD 270 per night on TripAdvisor
2. Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Beco de Noronha Pousada, from USD 297 per night on TripAdvisor
3. Varadero Beach – Varadero, Cuba
- TripAdvisor is unable to offer information about accommodations in Cuba at this time, due to restrictions on travel to Cuba.
4. Eagle Beach – Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, from USD 298 per night on TripAdvisor
5. Seven Mile Beach – Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Compass Point Dive Resort, from USD 250 per night on TripAdvisor
6. La Concha Beach – San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra, from USD 172 per night on TripAdvisor
7. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Pier House 60 Marina Hotel, from USD 293 per night on TripAdvisor
8. Seven Mile Beach – Negril, Jamaica
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Firefly Beach Cottages, from USD 67 per night on TripAdvisor
9. Bavaro Beach – Bavaro, Dominican Republic
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Ocean Blue & Sand, from USD 204 per night on TripAdvisor
10. Playa Norte – Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Beachfront best value hotel nearby: Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites, from USD 90 per night on TripAdvisor
Highly-rated value hotels have at least four out of five bubbles on TripAdvisor with a nightly rate less than USD300 per night, based on TripAdvisor prices in March 2018.
All prices are in US Dollars.