LONDON, UK, 25 October, 2017 – Brits thinking about a UK city break before the end of November take note. TripAdvisor®, the travel site that helps travellers find the latest reviews and lowest prices, today announced the 10 Best Value Hotels in the UK this Autumn.
The Best Value hotels for Autumn are based on traveller reviews and TripAdvisor price comparison of 200 booking sites for the lowest seasonal hotel rates. To qualify as a Best Value Hotel, a property must have at least 3.5 stars and four bubbles on TripAdvisor, and offer seasonal nightly average rates that are at least 20 percent below the city average.
“Whether you’re planning a Christmas shopping trip or a pre-Christmas-madness escape, these hotels offer the ideal combination of low prices, quality reviews and great amenities,” commented TripAdvisor spokesperson, Hayley Coleman.
UK’s 10 Best Value Hotels this Autumn:
- Tara Lodge, Belfast - £95 per night on TripAdvisor1 this Autumn, 37% cheaper2 than the average Autumn price for Belfast
This small independent hotel offers 34 stylish, contemporary rooms of which many boast wonderful views overlooking the leafy avenues of South Belfast and the mountains beyond.
- Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow, Glasgow - £102 per night on TripAdvisor this Autumn, 27% cheaper than the average Autumn price for Glasgow
Located in Glasgow City Centre, this hotel is positioned perfectly for exploring the city. In keeping with the historic feel of Glasgow, the rooms feature high ceilings, cornices and impressive windows and views.
- The Westbridge Hotel, London - £119 per night on TripAdvisor this Autumn, 55% cheaper than the average Autumn price for London
The style of this boutique hotel is ‘classic British’ and promises a home away from home feel. Located just minutes from the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Westfield Stratford City, O2 Arena and ExCel London exhibition.
- Channings Hotel, Edinburgh - £127 per night on TripAdvisor this Autumn, 28% cheaper than the average Autumn price for Edinburgh
Situated just a 10-minute stroll from the West End of Princes Street in Edinburgh city centre, Channings Hotel oozes Scottish country house charm with its Victorian paintings, prints, books, furniture and memorabilia.
- Heywood House Hotel, Liverpool - £110 per night on TripAdvisor this Autumn, 25% cheaper than the average Autumn price for Liverpool
This stylish boutique hotel offers a touch of luxury with comfy hypno beds, high-speed internet access, opulent fabrics and revitalizing showers. In the heart of Liverpool, the hotel is located just 2 minutes walk from James Street Rail.
- The Churchill Hotel, York - £132 per night on TripAdvisor this Autumn, 25% cheaper than the average Autumn price for York
This luxury Grade II Listed Georgian mansion offers the perfect mix of timeless English heritage with a modern twist. Rooms boast bespoke furniture, original features and polished wood.
- The Falcon Hotel, Stratford-upon-Avon - £111 per night on TripAdvisor this Autumn, 22% cheaper than the average Autumn price for Stratford-Upon-Avon
This hotel features a Tudor façade and interiors and is based in the heart of Stratford-Upon-Avon, a short walk from the newly reopened Royal Shakespeare Theatre.
- The Garrison Hotel, Sheffield - £64 per night on TripAdvisor this Autumn, 34% cheaper than the average Autumn price for Sheffield
The Garrison Hotel Sheffield is situated within Hillsborough Barracks and therefore boasts beautiful, historic surroundings. The building has been converted from what used to be the Grade II listed jail, guardhouse and ammunition building.
- The Royal Hotel, Cardiff - £99 per night on TripAdvisor this Autumn, 34% cheaper than the average Autumn price for Cardiff
At just 100 metres from Cardiff Central station and the nearest hotel to the Millennium Stadium, the Royal Hotel is ideally located. The grade II listed Victorian building in Italianate Style was built in 1866 and is Cardiff's oldest hotel.
- The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel, Bournemouth - £98 per night on TripAdvisor this Autumn, 20% cheaper than the average Autumn price for Bournemouth
This boutique hotel offers its guests panoramic views of the Isle of Wight and the Purbecks and rooms are decorated in an opulent style for maximum luxury and comfort.
Best Value Hotels have at least a 3.5 star rating, at least a 4 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, an average Autumn price 20% below the seasonal city average and are categorised on TripAdvisor as a “hotel.”
1Average nightly hotel rates based on TripAdvisor hotel price comparison data from over 200 sites for check-ins from 1 September – 30 November, 2017.
2 Percent savings based on TripAdvisor hotel price comparison data from over 200 sites for Best Value Hotels in Autumn, compared to the hotel’s city average nightly rate for Autumn.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site*, enables travellers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With more than 535 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide -- over 7 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travellers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travellers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 415 million average unique monthly visitors,** all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
The subsidiaries and affiliates of TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRIP) own and operate a portfolio of websites under 20 other travel media brands:
www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.citymaps.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.com, www.eltenedor.com, www.iens.nl and www.dimmi.com.au), www.gateguru.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com, www.oyster.com, www.seatguru.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, May 2017
**Source: TripAdvisor log files, Q1 2017