NEEDHAM, Mass., Jan. 31, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor®, one of the world's largest restaurant sites, today announced the most romantic restaurants in the U.S. for 2019. This first-ever list is based on millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor diners. Rankings derived from the quality, quantity and recency of reviews combined with the degree to which the property is romantic.1
"As Valentine's Day is the biggest date night of the year, we have surfaced a list of TripAdvisor diners' favorite romantic restaurants in America," said Bertrand Jelensperger, senior vice president for TripAdvisor Restaurants. "Those who aren't lucky enough to reserve a table at one of these spots can use TripAdvisor to find other highly rated restaurants that are still sure to impress your significant other."
The 25 Most Romantic Restaurants in the U.S.
1. Charleston Grill – Charleston, South Carolina
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "From the moment you walk through the door, you feel so special. The highly trained staff is amazing and willing to meet your every need. Such a classy place with classy food. This will stay on our list of top restaurants we've been to in the U.S.!"
- Popular dishes: Crab cake, foie gras, rack of lamb
2. Café Monarch – Scottsdale, Arizona
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "The service is impeccable, the courses are perfectly timed, the food is phenomenal and so fresh, and the atmosphere is indescribably romantic... it's as if you've stepped into the backyard of a gorgeous French villa."
- Popular dishes: Filet mignon, sea bass, duck
3. Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood – San Antonio, Texas
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "Of all of the great places to get steaks in San Antonio, this is, without question, the best – from the ambiance, the service, the selections and the steaks! This is our go-to place for special occasions and for other times when we just deserve a treat."
- Popular dishes: Ribeye, jumbo lump crab cake, French-grilled oysters
4. Le Vallauris – Palm Springs, California
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "A truly wonderful experience. Old World charm combined with excellent French cuisine… If you're looking for a romantic evening of fine dining, you'll find it here. Not inexpensive, but worth it."
- Popular dishes: Crispy veal sweetbread, duck, soufflé
5. Charleston Restaurant – Baltimore, Maryland
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "Few restaurants anywhere can deliver the total experience as the Charleston. Yes it is expensive, but the quality of the food and professionalism of the staff makes it that go-to for a really special occasion."
- Popular dishes: Lobster soup, foie gras, oysters
6. Chandlers Steakhouse – Boise, Idaho
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "So you know that the food is going to be great at Chandlers, but the best part is the atmosphere. They have a live jazz trio that plays every night, romantic lighting, and an ebullience that wafts over you. You can't help but enjoy yourself."
- Popular dishes: Scallops, prime rib, chocolate soufflé
7. The Forge – Miami Beach, Florida
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "Every time we come to The Forge we honestly leave with a smile. The service is impeccable, the food is delicious, and the atmosphere is incredibly cool and glamorous."
- Popular dishes: Filet mignon, sea bass, soufflé
8. August – New Orleans, Louisiana
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "This is a NOLA treasure. The food is five-star along with the atmosphere in this lovely, renovated building. Wait staff was impeccable and personable… Perfect for a romantic date night."
- Popular dishes: Gnocchi, flounder Pontchartrain, pork loin
9. Summer House Steak & Seafood – Siesta Key, Florida
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "Excellent atmosphere, great wine variety, great choice of meats. We absolutely love this place. They treated us like we were the owners… This is the type of restaurant that you expect in a big city, and not in a beach town."
- Popular dishes: Lobster bisque, filet mignon, scallops
10. Daniel – New York, New York
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "This is an experience. It's not just about having some of the best food of your life or the best wait staff in the city – it is about how all of these come together to create probably the best dining experience in all of NYC. The food is decadent and the service is impeccable."
- Popular dishes: Foie gras, lobster, sea bass
11. Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn – Destin, Florida
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "This is a super romantic restaurant with amazing views. Our food was cooked perfectly and tasted fantastic. Service was spot on."
- Popular dishes: Grouper, red snapper, filet mignon
12. Geronimo – Santa Fe, New Mexico
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "This is our favorite restaurant in Santa Fe. Romantic, elegant and always fantastic! We love the ambiance and the food is unforgettable."
- Popular dishes: Elk tenderloin, sea bass, crab cakes
13. Mama's Fish House – Maui, Hawaii
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "This is the place where you could easily pop the question. The atmosphere is so romantic. The views are just breath taking. The food, just wow wow wow! Absolutely amazing and worth the drive out there."
- Popular dishes: Stuffed fish, lobster tail, opakapaka
14. Steak 48 – Chicago, Illinois
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "Every now and then a restaurant knocks it 'out of the park' with everything... ambiance, food, and staff. Welcome to Steak 48. This place rocks."
- Popular dishes: Filet mignon, ribeye, shrimp
15. Becca – Virginia Beach, Virginia
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "If you want to enjoy an upscale dining experience, Becca at the Cavalier Hotel is the place. From the moment we arrived to valet park until our last bite of dessert we were captivated."
- Popular dishes: Crab cake, prime rib, duck
16. Le Cirque – Las Vegas, Nevada
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "Le Cirque was one of, if not the finest meal, I have ever experienced. Attention to detail, precision in cooking, elegance, impeccable service – it is the royal treatment."
- Popular dishes: Lobster salad, sea bass, foie gras
17. Hy's Steak House – Honolulu, Hawaii
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "I am not exaggerating when I say that the meat was 'melt in your mouth' tender. Everything was prepared to perfection! The service was impeccable and ultra-courteous. We felt like royalty!"
- Popular dishes: Oysters Rockefeller, beef wellington, bananas foster
18. Tidepools – Kauai, Hawaii
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "It was a fantastic experience, from the service, to the food, to the atmosphere. If you're looking for a romantic and special place, this is it!"
- Popular dishes: Opah, prime rib, mahi mahi
19. Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse – Nashville, Tennessee
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "It's perfect for a romantic date or a celebration. It's expensive, so not an everyday type of dinner, but if you're looking for a place that will wow you with service and dishes, this is the one!"
- Popular dishes: Filet mignon, lobster tail, New York strip
20. Orchids at Palm Court – Cincinnati, Ohio
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "The service and food are the best in the city, and the rich art deco surroundings are the best anywhere. Orchids at Palm Court cannot be topped for marking those special occasions."
- Popular dishes: Lamb, chateaubriand, lobster salad
21. The River Café – Brooklyn, New York
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "One of the best views of any restaurant in America, and the food is fantastic! This restaurant is worthy of all the hype, definitely a top tier location if you are seeking a place to celebrate a special occasion."
- Popular dishes: Lobster, foie gras, steak tartare
22. Union Park Dining Room – Cape May, New Jersey
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "Delicious food served in an original Victorian dining room. Excellent service and management. The perfect place for a romantic evening that transports you back in time to a different era. We have been dining here regularly for many years and it is always a special time."
- Popular dishes: Short rib, crab cake, duck
23. English Grill – Louisville, Kentucky
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "The atmosphere is elegant 'old south' with the beautiful wood paneling and paintings of horses throughout. And soft piano music wafting in from the bar outside. The service was attentive and friendly and the food was superb!"
- Popular dishes: Filet mignon, lamb, salmon
24. Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro – Townsend, Tennessee
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "What a beautiful, charming and delicious dining experience! The soft music, soft white lights and rustic setting made for a relaxed and pleasant dinner… Good wine, great food and friendly service."
- Popular dishes: Beef tenderloin, scallops, trout
25. Boulevard – San Francisco, California
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "The food here is really fantastic. And the ambiance is quite special. I love the brick ceiling, light fixtures and view of the bridge from the front window."
- Popular dishes: Halibut, lamb, foie gras
The 25 Most Romantic Restaurants in the U.S. list is based on reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor diners. The ranking takes into account the quality, quantity and recency of reviews combined with the degree to which a restaurant is deemed "romantic" based on a proprietary algorithm. All restaurants featured have five locations or less, a minimum rating of 4.5 out of 5 bubbles, and have received at least 100 new review submissions between January 2018 and January 2019.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site*, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With 702 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide – covering 8 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors**, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
The subsidiaries and affiliates of TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) own and operate a portfolio of websites and businesses, including more than 20 travel media brands: www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bokun.io, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.citymaps.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.com, www.eltenedor.com, www.iens.nl and www.dimmi.com.au), www.gateguru.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com, www.oyster.com, www.seatguru.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com.
* Source: Jumpshot for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, September 2018
** 2018 Source: TripAdvisor log files, average monthly unique visitors, Q3 2018