NEEDHAM, Mass., Oct. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel site, today announced the 10 Best Value Hotels in the U.S. this fall, based on traveler reviews and TripAdvisor price comparison of 200 booking sites for the lowest seasonal hotel rates. To qualify as a Best Value Hotel, a property must have at least 3.5 stars and four bubbles on TripAdvisor, and offer seasonal nightly average rates that are at least 20 percent below the city average and cost less than $300 per night.
The average nightly rate of a U.S. Best Value Hotel this fall on TripAdvisor is $235 and travelers can save an average of 32 percent compared to the city's seasonal average hotel price.
"We've highlighted a number of outstanding properties in popular travel destinations that offer the ideal combination of quality rooms and amenities, great location and low prices," said Brooke Ferencsik, senior director of communications for TripAdvisor. "Often trendy or fun independent properties with local flavor, these Best Value Hotels are perfect for travelers looking for a cool place to stay this fall and great value for their dollar."
America's 10 Best Value Hotels this Fall:
1. Hotel Hive – Washington, D.C. – TripAdvisor pricing from $231 per night this fall (45% savings, compared to the average city price in fall)
Cool design elements of this micro hotel unite modern innovation with historic character. The prime location means Hotel Hive guests can buzz around the capital and then return to a unique room. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Very modern and clean rooms, friendly staff and amazing value for money! If you are planning to visit Washington, D.C., this is the place to stay!"
- What to Know Before You Go: Pets stay free, beautiful painted brick murals, walking distance to Lincoln Monument and Vietnam Memorial
2. Lone Star Court – Austin, Texas – TripAdvisor pricing from $230 per night this fall (33% savings, compared to the average city price in fall)
For travelers nostalgic for true travel adventures, this boutique hotel features an Austin and Texas Hill Country aesthetic. Lone Star Court is a true piece of Americana, pairing retro vibes with modern design twists. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "I have stayed in all the hotels in the area – this is the one I keep coming back to."
- What to Know Before You Go: Rocking chairs for each room, outdoor fire pits and live music in The Water Trough bar
3. Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort – Tucson, Arizona – TripAdvisor pricing from $299 per night this fall (22% savings, compared to the average city price in fall)
Travelers can relax in Southwestern style among colorful desert botanicals and bubbling fountains. The historic property is woven into the landscape and guests can enjoy locally-sourced meats, vegetables, herbs and fruits from the organic gardens and trees. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "The hotel represents great value for what you're getting, compared to just slightly cheaper places with no local character."
- What to Know Before You Go: Formerly a prestigious school, the resort once hosted Hollywood icons Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy and John Wayne
4. Coconut Waikiki Hotel – Honolulu, Hawaii – TripAdvisor pricing from $219 per night this fall (40% savings, compared to the average city price in fall)
This family-friendly boutique hotel offers classic island-chic style, located in the heart of Waikiki. Guests can gaze at Ala Wai Mountains from their room. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "This hotel has to be the best one I've ever stayed at in terms of service provided versus the price and value. I will be returning here!"
- What to Know Before You Go: Walking distance to Waikiki Beach, Honolulu Zoo and upscale shopping
5. Quarter House Resort – New Orleans, Louisiana – TripAdvisor pricing from $175 per night this fall (40% savings, compared to the average city price in fall)
Located in the heart of the French Quarter, travelers will experience genuine New Orleans charm, exposed brick walls and period furniture in this hotel, originally built before the Civil War. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "I have stayed at many different hotels in New Orleans and the Quarter House is the best value for a luxury hotel. The price and location simply cannot be beat."
- What to Know Before You Go: Walking distance to Bourbon Street, Canal Street and Jackson Square
6. Inn of the Governors – Santa Fe, New Mexico – TripAdvisor pricing from $239 per night this fall (25% savings, compared to the average city price in fall)
Travelers can stop and smell the flower boxes at this authentic southwest-style hotel. The Inn has been renowned for intimacy, charm and tranquility for more than 50 years. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "I think for the cost, the value is outstanding and would stay here again."
- What to Know Before You Go: Walking distance to Georgia O'Keefe gallery and historic Santa Fe Plaza
7. The Point Hotel & Suites – Orlando, Florida – TripAdvisor pricing from $182 per night this fall (45% savings, compared to the average city price in fall)
Travelers will love the reliably gorgeous weather, proximity to iconic Orlando family-fun attractions, recently renovated suites and the amazing poolside cabana bar. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Anything we wanted we got, this hotel is a gem that is by far the best value near International Drive and the parks."
- What to Know Before You Go: Easy access to Universal Studios, 20-minute shuttle to Disney parks
8. The Hotel of South Beach – Miami, Florida – TripAdvisor pricing from $272 per night this fall (26% savings, compared to the average city price in fall)
This boutique hotel embodies the classic South Beach retreat, with ocean-view rooftop pool and Art Deco style, between Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue. Travelers can pack light, as complimentary beach chairs and towels are guaranteed each day. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "We really enjoyed our stay and felt the price/value tradeoff for this independent hotel in South Beach was really good."
- What to Know Before You Go: American fashion designer Todd Oldham used rich colors, shapes and textures that celebrate the jewel motif of the original Tiffany Hotel
9. Bahia Resort Hotel– San Diego, California – TripAdvisor pricing from $224 per night this fall (22% savings, compared to the average city price in fall)
Travelers enjoy the hotel's natural beauty along Mission Bay with Pacific Ocean views. Guests can relax among the lush tropical gardens, winding walkways, gentle ocean breezes and a rescued seal pond. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "The best value deal in hotels I have stayed in a long time and I can't wait to be back and completely relax!"
- What to Know Before You Go: Private beach access from the hotel
10. Mayflower Park Hotel – Seattle, Washington – TripAdvisor pricing from $279 per night this fall (24% savings, compared to the average city price in fall)
Located in downtown Seattle, the historic Mayflower Park Hotel was built in 1927, and restored with crystal chandeliers, gleaming brass and period antiques that offer an inviting European elegance. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "Best value in downtown Seattle. Everything was first class! The staff, decor, bedding, towels, new fixtures, etc."
- What to Know Before You Go: Walking distance to Pike Place Market, 2-minute Monorail ride to Seattle Waterfront and Space Needle
Best Value Hotel lists were also created for Australia, Austria, France, Italy, Japan, Germany, Spain, Switzerland and the U.K. To see a selection of some of the world's Best Value Hotels for fall, visit https://www.tripadvisor.com/blog/cool-hotels-great-price-10-best-value-hotels-fall-trip/.
Travelers can read the latest reviews and compare prices from more than 200 sites to find the lowest prices on the right hotel for their trip at www.TripAdvisor.com.
Best Value Hotels have at least a 3.5 star rating, at least a 4 bubble rating on TripAdvisor, an average fall price 20% below the seasonal city average, cost less than $300 per night and are categorized on TripAdvisor as a "hotel."
Average nightly hotel rates based on TripAdvisor hotel price comparison data from over 200 sites for check-ins from September 1 – November 30, 2017.
Percent savings based on TripAdvisor hotel price comparison data from over 200 sites for Best Value Hotels in fall, compared to the hotel's city average nightly rate for fall.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site*, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With more than 535 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide -- over 7 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 415 million average unique monthly visitors,** all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
The subsidiaries and affiliates of TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) own and operate a portfolio of websites under 20 other travel media brands:
www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.citymaps.com, www.cruisecritic.com,
www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.com,
www.eltenedor.com, www.iens.nl and www.dimmi.com.au), www.gateguru.com,
www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com,
www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com, www.oyster.com, www.seatguru.com,
www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, May 2017
**Source: TripAdvisor log files, Q1 2017