NEEDHAM, Mass., June 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor®, the travel planning and booking site, today announced the top 10 most booked tours in the U.S., based on TripAdvisor attractions data. The findings reveal the most popular attractions with the greatest amount of traveler interest (based on bookings from March 2016 – March 2017), offering inspiration and highlighting amazing activities and tours that can be booked to get the most out of any upcoming trip.
"The three most popular tour types in in the U.S. are those enabling travelers to broadly explore destinations, such as day trips, hop-on hop-off tours and day cruises," said Brooke Ferencsik, senior director of communications for TripAdvisor. "These types of tours offer travelers more enriching experiences and TripAdvisor provides a low price guarantee so travelers know they'll get the best price when they book."
TripAdvisor's Top 10 Most Booked U.S. Tours
- Chicago Architecture River Cruise, Chicago, Illinois (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $33.60)
Travelers on this 75-minute tour will cruise the Chicago River to see the city's famous architecture, including more than 40 notable buildings.
- Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam Day Tour from Las Vegas with Optional Skywalk, Las Vegas, Nevada (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $142.99)
Travelers can experience one of the seven natural wonders of the world from the land, air and water on this guided, full-day tour.
- Grand Canyon All American Helicopter Tour, Las Vegas, Nevada (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $399.99)
Travelers can see America's most iconic natural wonder from above and then enjoy landing on a canyon bluff for a Champagne picnic.
- Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods and Sausalito Half-Day Trip, San Francisco, California (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $64.00)
Travelers wander through an ancient coastal redwood forest and explore the artistic bayside enclave of Sausalito on this half-day tour from San Francisco.
- Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour, San Francisco, California (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $91.00)
Travelers can escape to California's famous wine country on this full-day tour to taste regional varietals at three different wineries, including both big-name and family-run estates.
- Big Apple Helicopter Tour of New York, New York City, New York (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $214.00)
Travelers get an aerial view of New York City on a 15-minute helicopter tour that soars over the Statue of Liberty, the Chrysler Building, One World Trade Center and Central Park.
- Big Bus New York Hop-On Hop-Off Tour, New York City, New York (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $40.50)
Travelers see the Big Apple's top attractions like Central Park, the Empire State Building and more, and learn about the history of the city from an on-board guide.
- Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Guided Tour, New York City, New York (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $55.00)
Travelers can enjoy a four-hour guided tour with Reserve Line Access to avoid the crowds at the statue and Ellis Island.
- San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Tour, San Francisco, California (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $25.00)
Travelers can explore San Francisco's most iconic attractions aboard a double-decker coach while listening to live commentary on passing highlights and city history with 24 stops.
- Deluxe Las Vegas Helicopter Night Flight with VIP Transportation, Las Vegas, Nevada (bookable on TripAdvisor with low price guarantee of $99.99)
Travelers can see the bright lights of the Las Vegas Strip and the surrounding region on a 15-minute helicopter flight, including a celebratory glass of sparkling wine.
TripAdvisor offers more than 56,000 bookable tours, activities and experiences in 2,500 destinations and 165 countries to help travelers unleash the full potential of their trips.
Top U.S. tours were determined based on the total number of bookings on TripAdvisor from March 2016 – March 2017.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site*, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With more than 500 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide -- over 7 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 390 million average unique monthly visitors,** all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP), through its subsidiaries, manages and operates websites under 22 other travel media brands: www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.citymaps.com,
www.cruisecritic.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com
(including www.lafourchette.com, www.eltenedor.com, www.iens.nl and www.dimmi.com.au),
www.gateguru.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.housetrip.com,
www.independenttraveler.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com,
www.oyster.com, www.seatguru.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.tripbod.com,
www.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, December 2016
**Source: TripAdvisor log files, Q1 2017