LONDON, U.K. – 3 March, 2009 – TripAdvisor®, the world’s most popular and largest travel community, today announced the launch of its “Top Values” Index, an easy way to sort the most popular hotels around the world to quickly find the hotels that are great values today.
“We’ve made it a priority to release products and site features in 2009 that help travellers get the most for their shrinking wallets,” said Christine Petersen, chief marketing officer of TripAdvisor. “The ‘Top Values’ Index helps quickly sort through the most popular hotels and showcases unique values based on current information.”
TripAdvisor is projecting a nearly 50 percent increase in travellers talking about "deals" on its site in '09 versus '08.
To identify excellent value hotels, TripAdvisor constructed a proprietary algorithm that analyses the relationship between a hotel’s quality and price – quality as determined by input from real travellers on TripAdvisor as well as third party content, such as star ratings. TripAdvisor then showcases these properties as “Top Values,” which are, on average, £72 per night or 31 percent less expensive than all hotels listed on TripAdvisor. “Top Values” are updated daily to reflect the most recent prices and quality ratings.
Available on all TripAdvisor worldwide sites, “Top Values” is one of many new products and features TripAdvisor is rolling out in 2009 to help travellers plan and have the perfect trip, on any budget. To access “Top Values,” visit TripAdvisor hotel listing pages and click the tick box beside “Show TripAdvisor Top Values first.”
“Top Values” Hotels in European Cities
As of February 27, 2009
· Paris, France – Hotel du College de France (average nightly rate £83)
· Berlin, Germany – Johann Hotel (average nightly rate £76)
· Milan, Italy – Hotel Raffaello (average nightly rate £98)
· Rome, Italy – Hotel Lodi (average nightly rate £90)
· Madrid, Spain – Hotel Suites Viena (average nightly rate £88)
· Barcelona, Spain – Hostal L’Antic Espai (average nightly rate £89)
· Prague, Czech Republic – Arcadia Residence (average nightly rate £89)
· Munich, Germany – Royal Hotel (average nightly rate £81)
· Athens, Greece – Economy Hotel (average nightly rate £62)
· Istanbul, Turkey – Hotel Sapphire (average nightly rate £56)
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
+44 (0) 20 3320 3244