TripAdvisor releases its big awards lists throughout the year, bestowing kudos on hotels, destinations, museums and more, based on users’ rave reviews. But whether you’re planning a trip or indulging in a little armchair travel, the recent list of the planet’s most stunning landmarks is likely to fuel some intense wanderlust.
Spain gets two shout-outs on the top 10, for Seville’s Plaza de Espana and Cordoba’s incredible cathedral. Italy does likewise, with the Vatican City’s great basilica and Milan’s Duomo. And overall, religious monuments dominate the list.
(Wondering where all the U.S. landmarks landed? San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge snagged the No. 11 spot.)
Here’s the top 10. Find the top 25, plus gorgeous photos and helpful travel tips, at www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice.
- Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
- St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City, Italy
- Taj Mahal, Agra, India
- Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Great Wall at Mutianyu, Beijing, China
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- Plaza de Espana, Seville, Spain
- Duomo di Milano, Milan, Italy