The 60 most-reviewed travel venues on TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor just hit an impressive milestone with its 500 millionth user review. To mark the occasion, we asked the travel research and booking site to share the attractions, restaurants and hotels with the most reviews ever. See where your fellow travelers have been — and how they rated the venues — in the slideshow above.
TripAdvisor says many users are motivated by a desire to "pay it forward" to the other users who helped them find a good experience, and shares these guidelines for how to write a good review:
1. Cover the five W’s: The review already says where you are. Remember to add who you were with, what you did, ate and experienced, when you were there and why you would recommend someone should or should not go.
2. Highlight relevant facts: Whether you review a hotel, restaurant or attraction, people want an overview: How was the service? Is it centrally located or near major sights? What’s the ambiance like or condition it’s in?
3. Add a helpful tip: What do others need to know to have a better experience? Is there a specific room, special amenity or something off the menu you would recommend? Are there off-peak times you would recommend them going or how to avoid queueing for a long time?
4. Photos go a long way: Bring your review to life with photos. Photos help travelers understand the experience, whether it is of a hotel room, an incredible view or an amazing dish. Photos of dishes also help other users decide on what they might want to try!
5. Review as soon as you can: One-third of people surveyed by TripAdvisor say they’d rather read about a recent experience.